Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California
Job Title: Development Associate: Events & Donor Relations
Division: Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times
Reports To: Development Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: As a member of the entity’s Development Team, the Development Associate is responsible for the tactical execution of events; supporting donor outreach, cultivation and communication; and general administrative duties in support of development activities. The Development Associate reports to the Development Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all activities for fundraising events, including logistics, budgets, timelines, collaterals, donations, sponsorships, food & beverage, entertainment, volunteers, public relations and summary reports.
- Assist in the activities for fundraising events coordinated by outside sources, but benefiting the entity. Responsibilities vary, but may include logistics, food & beverage, donations, volunteers, database management and summary reports.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, manage the financial growth of all fundraising events through realistic goal-setting and strategic planning.
- Coordinate and execute donor participation in events through sponsorships, in-kind donations, auction donations, and event participation.
- Maintain event and donor databases, keeping all records current.
- Initiate prompt acknowledgement to all event participants.
- Solicit and secure corporate sponsorship for events.
- Work with the event chairs to identify, recruit, train and manage volunteers for a variety of positions to establish and sustain strong special events committees.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of events to ensure that high production value and target revenue projection are met as well as expense goals.
- Assist in the coordination of newsletters, collaterals, Website and social media. Generate content and maintain messaging and brand compliance in accordance with the agency’s communication plan and guidelines.
- Coordinate logistics for communications and donor outreach/cultivation mailings; including printing materials, assembling mailings list, and mailing materials in a timely manner.
- Work with program staff to fully understand Camp’s mission and programs.
- Maintain a positive, energetic and professional demeanor with Camp staff, board members, donors, campers, and volunteers.
- Additional development duties and responsibilities assigned by the Development Director and Executive Director.
Education and Work Experience: Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of fundraising experience, including events, or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Enthusiastic, positive and team player attitude.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge and demonstrated experience with office management; knowledge of the organization’s operations of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Qualifications: Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills. Special events and cause-related marketing experience a plus. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a complex environment. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
Language Skills: Ability to generate concise and compelling written materials, write reports, solicitation letters, business correspondence, newsletter articles, media releases and other content for events and marketing collateral. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Strong knowledge of Excel; Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to generate and critically analyze event budgets.
Computer Skills: Strong proficiency in Windows, and Microsoft Office 2007 (Excel and Word). Experience in Raisers Edge is strongly desirable, or other donor tracking software. Experience working with social media platforms and graphic software is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Full-time position; excellent benefits; salary DOE
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Fatima Deljame at firstname.lastname@example.org