The Executive Director acts on behalf of the ASI Board of Directors on matters including, but not limited to: fiscal management, student development, policy and procedures development, personnel and program management, strategic planning, risk management, and legal and government affairs. The Executive Director serves as the Chief Administrative Officer responsible for the financial, legal, and administrative management of Associated Students, Inc. The Executive Director builds long-term relationships throughout the University and the surrounding community, in the interests of ASI. The Executive Director serves to develop continuity and cohesion within the ASI to ensure timely and efficient transition for student administrations to ensure that ASI maintains its position as a leadership laboratory.
- Working for the ASI Board of Directors, under the direction of the ASI President, the Executive Director shall be administratively responsible for the operation of ASI programs and services, and implementations of those policies, procedures and programs adopted by the ASI Board of Directors.
- The Executive Director serves as the primary advisor to the Board of Directors in regard to ASI Bylaws, corporate codes, and principles, as well as campus, university, federal and state policies/laws (Title 5 & Education Code) and procedures.
- Maintain and publish up-to-date copies of the ASI Bylaws, Codes of Procedures, Committee Rules and Regulations, an Administrative Procedures Manual and other official ASI documents of record.
- Ensure the ASI’s legal interests are protected and that the ASI Board of Directors is informed of pertinent laws, regulations and policies.
- Secure and maintain adequate ASI insurance policies for the students at large, as well as the Organization. This includes, but is not limited to: employee health and dental insurance, providing optional health insurance for students enrolled at CSUDH, general liability protection for the organization, property, travel, and other insurance coverage as needed by the organization and its members and providing appropriate indemnification for the ASI activities and programs.
- Assist in the formulation and preparation of the ASI budget, and establish and maintain sound fiscal and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure accepted accounting and fiduciary guidelines are followed.
- Assist the external auditor with the annual audit and ensures that it meets the required deadline.
- Work with campus and university administrative staff to prepare for internal compliance audits.
- Review of all financial statements including university accounting statements, credit card statements, program balances, etc.
- Verify/authorize expenditures including: checks, payroll and contracts for maintenance, rental, purchasing, etc.
- Serve as an official representative of ASI in meetings with representatives concerning fiscal matters.
- Develop vision/mission statements and put into practice a strategic plan that will empower students to their full leadership potential.
- Expected to assimilate and maintain the organizations institutional memory and to orient incoming officers, BOD members and committee members and staff on ASI history, policies, procedures and methods.
- Serve as a reference person for all ASI personnel and BOD on all ASI policies and procedures.
- Sensitive and responsive to the role of student involvement in University governance and Associated Students in particular.
- Assist the Board of Directors in conferences hosted by the Associated Students, Inc.
- Oversee all facets of the ASI personnel program, including recruitment, placement, orientation, training, performance evaluation, salary schedules, classification, retention, discipline or dismissal, and employee relations, including morale and grievances.
- Supervision of all personnel staff and student assistants including ensuring compliance with all appropriate state and federal labor laws, workers’ compensation laws, compliance with OSHA health and safety standards, as well as apprising the Board of Director’s and ASI employees of regulations regarding sexual harassment and conflicts of interest.
- Responsible for carrying out all personnel policies of the Associated Students, Inc.
- Serve as advisor to the ASI Board of Directors, the ASI Executive Committee, the ASI Finance Committee, ASI Personnel Committee and other ASI or University committees as required.
- Act as the liaison for the Associated Students, Inc. in maintaining appropriate working relationships with University Administration including the Vice Presidents of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs and Administration/Finance, Loker Student Union Administration and Staff, Auxiliary Organizations Association, and other University units and areas such as Student Housing, University Police, Parking, Accounting, Physical Plant, University Foundation, Campus Bookstore, Campus Dining, and the various Deans and Chairs of the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working closely with nonprofit board of directors
- Five years progressively responsible management and fiscal experience
- Willingness to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body, staff and administration
- Master’s degree required in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, or in related fields.
- Thorough knowledge of administration, organizational management, strategic planning and personnel management; student personnel administration, and student
- A record of demonstrated effectiveness in student development programs in a multicultural environment with demonstrated commitment to educational equity is desired
- Training and experience in leadership, group dynamics, business administration, public relations, budget and personnel management
- Three years of experience in a Student Services or Student Development environment
- Familiarity with Non-Profit Organizations [501(c)3], corporate law and the California Code of Regulations
Conditions of Employment
Rate: $65,000 – $85,000 (12 months)
Workweek Class: Exempt
Work Schedule: 5/40
Classification: MPP – Administrator II
This position is employed by the Associated Students, Inc. and is subject to related personnel policies and procedures. This position serves at will and does not receive tenure or permanency.
The Associated Students, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer. In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to complete the employment process.
Open until filled. For first consideration, all materials must be received by May 25, 2012.
Applications may be picked up as noted below or found on the ASI website located at http://www.csudh.edu/asi/
A resume must accompany the application. Questions should be directed and materials sent or hand delivered to:
Executive Director Search Committee
Associated Students, Inc.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747
Note: Any prior applicants who wish to be considered will be expected to re-apply for the position, and will undergo anew the interview and evaluation process.
For additional information, please call (310) 243-3686 or e-mail Associated Students, Inc. at email@example.com.
||Executive Director Search Committee
Associated Students, Inc
California State University, Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria St
Carson, CA 90747